Monday, August 21, 2006

Tool Yard

picture 018

The other night I went to drop off my husband at a budget hearing for the City. I was pleasantly surprised by the City of SA facility b/c it was so cool! In the yard were all these oversized tools as sculptures and then I saw these benches. I thought it was a very cool idea. The facility has meeting rooms and serves as a service point for City departments. It was too dark for pictures of the sculptures but I'll go back sometime soon perhaps. It's way on the north side of town for me and I don't get up there often.

9 comments:

  1. Thiên, this is a great bench. I want one for my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting design. one of them is the spanner.. wat's the other called? name skips me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, nice! yeah, i'd like one for my garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I thought they looked neat. My husband calls this the wrench bench. I don't know the specific bench names however. Edwin, what kind of garden would one have in order for this to fit in I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. are y'all changing to SA weekly photos?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very cool. I hope Nuno in Porto has seen them! Loved the old gas station/now shoe repair shot yesterday, too.
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete