Friday, October 05, 2007

Scary Stories @ the Library

2007_10-05 (3)
This is a display at the Central Library. I love how creative they get with their displays, some of their signs I consider art in and of themselves. A couple of years ago in the Spanish section to the right of the Catalog Assistance desk on the first floor, the signs for displays were painted on canvas with oils I think. I took pics of a couple of them. I actually spoke to the staff person who was the artist and I asked him what he did with them hoping he was saving them for later use. He said that some of them he just painted over when it came time to make a new sign.

As for this display I always stop and look over the titles because I love me a good scary read. I haven't really read anything scary since The Amityville Horror and the Shining when I was in elementary. If you've got any suggestions, drop me a line. Of these books I've read Tami and Dean Koontz, I do think they should stick some vampires, werewolves, witches and or zombies in there to complete the set. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment