Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day Mass Wedding

mass wedding
Every year on Valentine's Day there are a couple of mass wedding ceremonies in San Antonio. The ceremonies start at 12:00 midnight and at least this year there were at least four or five other ceremonies. I went to the 2:00 o'clock ceremony for this photo op. This year it was held at the Arneson River Theater on the River Walk at La Villita. I didn't get a chance to empty my memory card so for the first time I ran out of room. I also ran my batteries out. I loved the many styles and colors of dress. The touristy river boats continued their tours through out the ceremony and they all took pictures and clapped. You can see all the photos here.

Last year Thien took a pic of the mass wedding at the courthouse, where it usually happens. This year the location was changed because of construction on the Main Plaza Redevelopment Project.

3 comments:

  1. AH!!! I'm glad you caught this. I was hoping you were able to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in San Antonio several years ago and happened upon one of these mass ceremonies taking place in front of a beautiful chapel. At that ceremony, most of the brides were dressed in full wedding gowns. Anyway, that image has always stuck with me, and now that I am blogging for a wedding accessories website, I thought it would be cool to write a blog post about the topic. I stumbled on this post while doing some research, and I just love your pics. Is it OK if I use one of your images in my blog post as long as I cite it correctly and link back to you? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

    Mandy@knotthegroom.com
    http://www.knotthegroom.com/Blog/

    ReplyDelete