Thursday, December 25, 2008

Feliz Navidad

Christmas Tree 2008
Happy Holidays to all out there. It's tradition in our family to take a picture of the Christmas tree each year. I think we've had one every single year that I can remember, even those years that were pretty lean. Most often we've had real trees, which could be bought at almost every street corner (although now you can buy them at HEB, Home Depot, etc). We've also had artificial trees, but except for the mess of the needles, I always prefer the real thing. This tree is flocked and I'm not sure whether I prefer them green or not, although we have been told that getting them flocked prevents them from drying out so quickly and keeps the needles on the tree longer.

My mother used to drench the tree in icicles, but we don't use them much, with the exception of my older brother--whom his wife says must have the tree drenched in icicles, which she could not understand until we told her about my mother and showed her a pic of one of our old trees.

One year we bought a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, that was so small we had to put it on our dining table, but it was so fat and fluffy that we couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment